Features of eating apples with stomach ulcers
Apples are a healthy and affordable product that many love. But, if a person has problems with the gastrointestinal tract (GIT) (stomach ulcer or duodenal ulcer), eating behavior changes. When eating food, a person experiences tingling, heartburn, and sharp pains. Therefore, a clear understanding of what can and cannot be consumed will help relieve unpleasant symptoms. So is it possible for a person with a gastrointestinal tract problem to eat apples and how will they be useful in this situation?
The chemical composition and calorie content of the product
Apples, based on variety and maturity, have a different composition and calorie content. On average, the nutritional value of 100 g of the product is 35–52 kcal. It is thanks to this indicator that these fruits are included in many diets. During heat treatment, the nutritional value of fruits increases: in dryers it is equal to 245 kcal, and in baked - 65. Red varieties are more caloric, and green varieties are less.
Important! Eating apples in unlimited quantities is not recommended - they are characterized by a high level of acidity and contain a lot of sugars.
The fruits of the apple tree contain a wide range of macro and micro components, as well as organic acids. The pulp itself is 85% water, so the fruit perfectly quenches thirst.
But fats and carbohydrates in the product are practically absent. But it is rich in pectins, ash, fiber, vitamins A, C, E, H, PP, K, B.
Apples for gastric ulcer: is it possible or not?
Patients with a stomach ulcer or duodenal ulcer are often asked this question. Experts assure: fruits can be included in the diet, only they must first be prepared. For example, when taken fresh, the peel is peeled off from the fruit.
With gastrointestinal diseases, you can eat only sweet types. They will not cause harm and have a positive effect.
Another plus in favor of apples says them hypoallergenic, which makes it possible to use them as part of various fruit salads. It is this characteristic that allows you to eat fruits without risk to health.
Important! If the condition worsens, as well as with gastritis, it is permissible to eat baked apples.
Separately, experts note the benefit of baked fruit. Thanks to heat treatment, the assimilation of fruits increases significantly. Moreover, such a product reduces the necessary amount of gastrointestinal juice aimed at digesting food.
Since baked fruits do not lose their healing properties, they are not only useful for patients with gastrointestinal problems.
During heat treatment, the calorie content of apples increases - up to 245 kcal in dryers and up to 65 kcal in baked
Useful properties of apples for digestion
Apple fruits are the most common fruits, readily available in both summer and winter. They are perfectly preserved until spring without loss of vitamins and minerals. Of course, their use carries only benefits.
Varieties with green fruits will be more beneficial for the child - they have more important components and trace elements. In addition, the hypoallergenicity of such fruits is important.
Systematic use of apples reduces teething painsoftens the process itself. Also, fruits train the gums and protect the teeth from plaque formation. You should not be afraid that green varieties will damage enamel.
Experts believe that the best way to strengthen the immune system does not exist - apples help fight viruses and bacteria. Consuming just one fetus per day will prevent frequent colds.
The best tool for strengthening immunity, the fight against viruses and bacteria has not yet been invented
- Apples have such a positive effect:
- Lower cholesterol. Pectin and plant fibers help excess fats leave the body faster. That is, these fruits cleanse the vessels.
- Fight diarrhea and constipation. Despite the fact that the problems are opposite in nature, the fruit copes with them perfectly. Of course, they do not eliminate the cause, but they are able to return the body to a normal rhythm.
- Improving metabolism. These fruits slow down the aging process and rejuvenate the body.
- Stabilization of the immune system. These fruits are indispensable during the recovery period, when immunity is lowered.
- Supply natural sugar. Fructose is especially important for diabetics - it does not provoke hyperglycemia.
- Oncology Prevention. The healing properties of fruits literally put "armor" on cancer processes in the colon.
- Eliminate bad breath. It may seem like a trifle, but for people with gastrointestinal pathologies, this is just salvation.
Did you know? The name of the apple comes from the Old Slavonic "ablone" - white. According to one version, this word is borrowed from the Celts (Abla) or the Germans (April).
The main rules for choosing a fresh product
When choosing fruits, first of all, we look at their appearance and color. The latter characteristic is affected by the presence of pigments, anthocyanins, green pigment and carotenoids in the peel. In addition, fruits of different colors also differ in taste. In addition, they have different useful qualities.
Green fruits are considered the most healing
- And this is due to such characteristics:
- hypoallergenicity (negative reactions are extremely rare);
- a large concentration of ascorbic and malic acid (which favorably affects the digestive system);
- low glycemic index (this parameter is important for diabetics);
- increased fiber count (dulls hunger);
- high content of pectins (rejuvenates the body);
- have a low calorie content (33–36 kcal).
Red fruits are more attractive, but in chemical composition they are inferior to green:
- heavier for digestion (contain less acid);
- more sweet (undesirable for patients with diabetes and children's teeth).
Did you know? The popularity of apples among Europeans was so great that other fruits were given its derivatives: orange - Chinese apple, potato - ground, tomato - golden.
Yellow fruits are more fragrant, but their taste is different from red and green.
- Despite the high sugar content and deficiency of iron compounds, such fruits have their advantages:
- rich in pectin;
- contribute to bile secretion, which has a beneficial effect on the condition of the liver.
Red, yellow, green apples have different taste characteristics and beneficial properties
After choosing the color you need to distinguish correctly high-quality fruits that meet these characteristics:
- Pronounced aroma. It says that nitrates were not used in the cultivation process.
- Monotony and color saturation. The product should not be painted in one color. Also, fruits with small brown dots should not be taken.
- The size. As a rule, the fruits are of medium size.
- Surface. If it sticks to the touch or moisture is noticeable, then the fruit is most likely treated with chemicals.
- Skin elasticity. Fruits with a soft skin, on which dents remain, as well as slightly wrinkled ones, indicate a withering fruit. Such a product loses its juiciness, and the taste and nutritional characteristics have worsened.
Did you know? Nutritionists believe that in order to maintain good health per year, 48–50 kg of apples. And half of this norm is to drink in the form of juice.
Features of eating apples with stomach ulcers
When used correctly, these fruits can improve your health.
For this, only the following recommendations should be adhered to:
- The fruits are thoroughly washed, cleaned of the skin and core and rubbed on a grater.You can eat them early in the morning or before eating, for 4 hours.
- Do not eat apples at night. They increase flatulence and can only worsen the condition.
- First, fresh apples can be eaten daily for a month. In the second month they eat 3 times in 6-8 days, and in the third - once a week.
If the body reacts negatively to a fresh product, it is eaten baked.
Contraindications and possible side effects
Risk of harm from apple consumption is minimal. First of all, it is overeating, which causes colitis. In addition, the passion for apple diets (mono-diets) causes a disorder, and an excess of malic acid can provoke inflammatory processes in the gallbladder.
Also, too much passion for apples affects the state of tooth enamel, thinning it.
Important! With constant colitis, pathologies and inflammation of the gallbladder, as well as urolithiasis, it is better to eat liver apples in in the form of mashed potatoes.
Sweet fruits and an apple drink (juice, fruit drink) can increase the concentration of sugar in the blood. Therefore, such products should be carefully used for people with diabetes.
As you can see, apples can and should be included in the diet for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and gastric ulcer. The main thing is to be able to choose fruits and consume the product moderately and in the right way.